Healthy banana, oats and chocolate chip cookies – no flour, no sugar added!

20120919-234502.jpg

I’ve been looking for a recipe for healthy cookies for quite a while. Cookies that could be tasty and nutritious, and as always, diabetes friendly. I am very glad to have found yesterday this great recipe of Banana, oatmeal and chocolate chips that combines only these three ingredients and no flour! Wow, exactly what I wanted! No, wait, there is more.. no sugar added either! Just the sweetness from the ripe bananas mixed with the taste of dark chocolate and oats. Brilliant! So delicious!

My bananas were ripe and ready to go and I could not resist to bake them right away. It took me 15 min, baking time of 25 min, eating time… 10 min… maybe less :)! It was a great evening snack and it will be a “must have” here at our home.
Here is my version of the cookies.

Healthy banana, oats and chocolate chip cookies – no flour added

16 cookies

2 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup rolled oats ( I used oat bran)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate to be diabetes friendly)
3 1/2 tbs canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Mix all the ingredients together and let it rest for 15 min, to allow the oats to soak in the bananas.
Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray. They do not rise, so you can put then close together but not touching each other.
Bake for 20 to 25 min or until they are slightly brown. Don’t worry they will be still soft. Let them cool off and they will harden up.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

Raquel

Advertisements

23 Comments Add yours

1. I like this recipe!
    I bet it would also taste good with coconut oil and dried coconut!

1. yes, coconut is also one of my favorite ingredients, adds so much flavor and fibers! Thanks for stopping by.

2. Anita Mac says:

Sounds too good to be true! And with so many frozen bananas in the freezer! Love the addition of coconut. Maybe get a little festive…add dried cranberries for a little colour!

3. seeker says:

Love baking. Thanks for the recipe.

4. Sounds like a keeper…thanks for the recipe! 🙂

5. b00kreader says:

Sounds delicious, but I have a friend who doesn’t eat bananas do you think applesauce might work in it’s place?

6. b00kreader says:

This sounds delicious! Do you think you could replace the banana with applesauce? I have a friend who cannot eat them but is always on the look out for sugar free recipies.

1. Hi and thanks for visiting my blog! Unfortunately the apple sauce doesn’t have the same consistency that the mashed bananas, which is the ingredient holding the dough…

2. Yes, they are delicious and a great option for flourless cookies, healthy and filling. Unfortunately the applesauce doesn’t have the same consistency of the mashed bananas which is the ingredient holding the dough…

7. tommiaw says:

This recipe looks great! Thank you for sharing this. Now sending this off to the parents. (smile).

1. Hope they like it!

8. This is a fab recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us 🙂 I’ll wait for my bananas to ripe and I’ll try it!

9. Jerri says:

Would for sure use coconut oil instead of canola, which is GMO- nasty stuff!

10. trixpin says:

These look so good!

11. willowandbee says:

These look delicious! Thank you for visiting and following my blog too…you made my day!

1. You’re welcome, loved your blog, clean, easy to browse, joyful and beautiful!

12. Joy says:

When u sub the coconut oil did u use the same amount? (The coconut oil is solid so wondered if it would b the same). Thank u

1. it seems so, I haven’t tried with this particular recipe but I’ve substituted in muffins and they turned out fine.

13. thehungrymum says:

what a great & easy recipe. *puts bananas on shopping list*. Will def be making these – ta for posting.

14. bbglo says:

I was hesitant to try this but wanted a healthy cookie recipe, using ingredients that I have in the pantry. I baked them for 27 minutes, but probably should have left them in for a couple of more minutes. I used grape seed oil (not a fan of canola) but next time, I will try it with coconut oil. Anyway, they are so easy to make and absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing!